Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Sunday, August 24, 2008

Matt's Latest Perspective

Howdy gang!!! Well I guess it's my turn to talk about the whole baby thang. So, it's a boy. Was there any doubt in anyone's mind that a manly dude like me would have created anything but a manly son? I guess I've just got what it takes. If anyone has any input on what the name of the child should be I would welcome the feedback and would consider each entry on an individual basis. If we use the name you submitted you could win a free all expense paid trip to Liberty Land and a year supply of hugs from Melissa (subject to availability). If no name is selected the baby's name will be defaulted to Magnus Von Morris or something equally as European.
Anyway, I do want to communicate how blessed I feel to have been chosen by God to have a son and I look forward to making sure that my son is a better man than me...a daunting task indeed. I don't know how she is doing it but my wife has never looked so beautiful in her life. She doesn't get sick...or bitch at me any more than normal...or cry spontaneously...or lose bladder control. All of these things have added up to a pretty easy role I have to play which is good because I am not the best at this whole supportive partner thing. I have agreed to take some birthin' classes with her. Don't tell Melissa but I only agreed because I see the guys in the movies doing it. I can't imagine I'm gonna have much to do with the actual birth because...well...I'm not the one doing the work. I will be happy to cut the cord but if the kid takes after his daddy I better make sure and cut the right one! OK, that was a little crude and I guess I am sorry.
Well everyone, I want to thank you for all of your support and prayers. HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
........This is breaking news!! As I write this- Melissa just walked in and I FELT MY SON MOVE FOR THE FIRST TIME! I HAVE TO GO...PEACE!!

3 comments:

April S. said...

Matt, you crack me up! I love your posts!

Jennifer said...

Matt, you are so sweet. You always say such nice things about your wife...and for you to share it with us is really sweet.

Anonymous said...

Oh my god!! You are too cute.. I mean you scared me as the big bald guy that was going to ate my midget ass the first time I met you and now I am almost at tears because I can tell how excited you are about being a father- so basically you are a wuss... as far as names why not Matthew Morris Jr? but it does have to be something with an M to follow suit with you and Melissa.. So Max or something would be good too... miss you guys!