Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Friday, January 30, 2009

It's about time...

Well, I tried to let me my wife get on here and update this thing but we could be waiting a while for that. Anyway, Matthew Jr. is doing awesome and so is Momma. Matthew is growing like a weed and seems to be doing something new and cute everyday.For those who don't know I will tell you the story of the labor process. Our original appointment for induction was delayed due to overscheduling which was a little disappointing but we waited 9 months for him to get here...what's another 3 days? We went in the morning of December 22 for induction and the doctor did his thing to get the party started. Melissa was comfortable with the occasional hard contraction. Matthew's heart rate was being monitored by a sensor on Melissa's belly and there was a little concern about his heart rate. Apparently every time Melissa had a contraction, Matthew's heart rate would drop. This went on for about an hour or two. Finally the doctor came in and looked at the computer and told us that Melissa was about 10 hours away from being ready to deliver and he was concerned about putting Matthew through that much stress. We discussed that the best option was a C-section and from there everything was a blur. The nurse brought me a goofy jumpsuit that was just tight enough for me to worry about an wardrobe malfunction but luckily nothing busted out. Melissa was wheeled back to a bright room and given many...many drugs. By the time I was allowed to come into the room she was drooling on herself. The whole crew did a great job and really took care of Melissa. When Matthew arrived I checked to make sure of all was normal right off the bat. Melissa would not let go of my hand to go see Matthew while they were cleaning him up and putting her back together but I suppose that was where I needed to be anyway. When we finally got to hold our son for the first time it was the greatest feeling in the world. He was so TINY...6 pounds even and 20 inches long! He was tall and skinny...not exactly what I was picturing for me and Melissa's kid.I expected him to come out with a beer gut and a slice of pizza! We stayed in the hospital for a couple of days and went home on Christmas Eve to send some time together. I can't tell you how well Melissa did thru the whole process. She never once complained about any pain or had an attitude with me or the nurses. She was an angel from start to finish which pretty much accounts for her entire pregnancy. She is Wonderwoman as far I'm concerned. Matthew has been healthy ever since and is as laid back as his Mother...thank the Lord. Unfortunately, Melissa has been having some abdonminal pain lately and finally went to the doctor last week. They told her she has gall stones and has to go see another doctor and talk to a surgeon about taking out her gall bladder. Hopefully we can get that knocked out asap so Melissa can get back to feeling normal. I have to take this oppurtunity to thank all the people that have been giving us gifts, advise and support since we became pregnant. This would be ALOT harder for us without you and we thank you. I will post some pictures so you can see the little guy...

By the way...I am currently trying to come up with a nickname for Matthew to avoid confusion. So far I've been calling him "Bum" because all he does is lay around the house, sleep, drink and pee on himself. If you have any suggestions we definetly welcome them. Until then he will be known as Bum Morris.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Melissa is not a complainer about much. She is pretty laid back. It is all part of her master plan for you to knock her up again!