Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Nothing really new, but...

So, I know it's been a while since we've posted anything.  I knew I wouldn't be any good at keeping this updated.  Not much has been going on lately.  I still haven't noticed many changes with the pregnancy.  Although,  my pants are starting to fit a little too tight.  I'm not sure how much weight I have gained, but my pooch is becoming a little more visible.  It is becoming more difficult to sleep comfortably.  According to my baby books, this is the last week that I should be sleeping on my back.  So, I have been trying to get used to sleeping on my side which is only comfortable for so long before I go numb.  Not to mention, it is quite a pain to keeping getting up through the night to pee.  I've realized that it doesn't even matter if I stop drinking fluids several hours before bedtime.  I constantly have to go.  And even after I've gone, I still feel like I have to go.  It's a bit annoying.  But enough about me...
I wish I had some pictures to post of the exciting events from Father's Day.  Matt and I went to his parents house for lunch and had Jack Pyrtles chicken...yummy.  That could be my new favorite food.  After spending some time with his dad, we came back to the house to start preparing dinner for my dad and the family.  Matt cooked beer brats.  They were awesome! By the way, the alcohol is cooked out of them, so I was not consuming any of that.  After dinner we played a little badmitten (not sure how to spell that).  Then we all joined in playing the Wii Fitness.  That was a blast for the whole family.  You can go to my parents' blogpage to view the videos.  I hope our fathers and the father-to-be had a wonderful Father's Day!
Matt turned 27 on the 19th.  We both took off work that day and just enjoyed spending some quality time together.  The next night we went to dinner with some close friends.  Thank you to those that joined us.  We had a great dinner, with great conversation, and great company.  On Saturday, we visited with Matt's family and celebrated Madeline's 10th birthday.  She is our oldest niece.  I can't believe how much she has grown.  She was only 3 when Matt and I met.  All of our nieces are so excited about us having a baby.  They want it to be a boy.  They even tried to help us come up with some names.  Some of them might be good candidates.
Well, luckily this week is going by quickly.  We get to go to the Dr. on Thursday.  I can't wait to hear the heartbeat again.  Not on this visit, but on our next, we will find out what we are having.  It is very exciting.  We'll keep you updated.
Oh, by the way, our baby is a softball this week.  (That's not quite as fun as saying I have a lime in my grapefruit, though)

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

baby likes badmitten!

Unknown said...

Tip for more comfortable pregnancy sleeping.... Put a pillow between your legs and behind your back. I don't know why but it really helped me.